Tuesday, January 17, 2012

lock and key

I used Tims' Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, then lightly spritzed some black/silver Glimmermist over top.
And I used one of Tims' stamps with black archival ink over top of that.

I then inked and misted and stamped an oval of paper, and DMd it into the locket, but it went so dark you can barely see the stamping. However I really like how it looks a bit like a sapphire and also I didn't have another locket to re-do it!!


I used die-cuts and alpha stickers and charms to finish the front.


I wanted the back to uphold the idea of something being hidden away, so I used a cut-down tag to make a kind of jewellery box

which has to be opened

to reveal the treasure within


Saturday, January 7, 2012

some tags

these are tags for the 52 Questions series at AD.


the criteria for this was RESIST so I stamped the skull and crossbones onto white paper with clear embossing ink, then used clear embossing powder and heat set it.
I then inked over the image with Black Soot Distress Ink, and wiped it off the skull carefully.
The ink won't stick to the embossed image.



The criteria included

use a tag or JB from a swap
use paint

so for the answer side, I dribbled black paint on a dictionary page, then layered 7G tape onto a piece of scrap paper, drew a heart on it with black pen, and cut out the shape. I put the JB over top of that and made a little hole protector for the top as well.
For the question side, I used Jersey foam stamps from MM, and Fired Brick Distress Ink to stamp a title. I added some Kaiser alpha stickers, and backed the JB with more 7G tape.