Thursday, February 9, 2012

a month of music - DAY NINE

A SONG TO GO TO SLEEP TO

I can remember a long, long time ago, falling asleep to this song in my best friends' arms. It was a really hot summers' night, and we had the window open and the curtain blowing in the breeze.
So I wanted to re-capture that memory in this tag.


I used paint, and a silver pen to make the night sky, and then hand-cut the window and cat from black cardstock.
The curtains were made from scraps of muslin, which I dipped in a light PVA/water mix, to stiffen and shape.

The back is made from GB paper and Kaiser alpha stickers.

Here's a link to the song, please do click over and have a listen, it's truly beautiful.


I saw him today at the station
There was something on his mind
I felt I was on the devil’s mission
Trying to steal him from a friend

I know it hurts you
And you can’t ask why
I know it hurts you
Takes a train to cry

Your only future is promises
For so many years
Your only future is promises
I know you can make it if you try

You’ve been living life in the past
I’m gonna reach out I’m gonna grab your heart
You’ve been living life in the eyes of a stranger
You’ve gotta free your mind
Cause I want to get nearer

Your only future is promises
For so many years
Your only future is promises
I know you can make it if you try

Take the chance and make the move
But don’t think that I will approve
For once I’ve finally realised
Being with her wasted your life

Your only future is promises
For so many years
Your only future is promises
I know you can make it if you try

Your only future is promises
For so many years
Your only future is promises

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment -- I LOVE hearing what you think (: