Saturday, February 25, 2012

a month of music - DAY TWENTY FIVE

A SONG TO PLAY AT MY FUNERAL

JUST BREATHE by PEARL JAM

(Maxabella pointed out that "Just Breathe" might be a little awkward to be playing at a funeral, which made me laugh. Because I hadn't thought about the title. It's this that gets me
"Hold me till I die. Meet you on the other side")
I did a blog post about this song on ChickChat.


Anyway, I've used Kaiser paper as the background and I cut the butterflies from Kaiser paper too. My Dymo made the word strips and I kind of like that they're really unobtrusive because I DON'T WANNA DIE!

Here's the song

and here's the lyrics

Yes I understand that life every must end, aw huh,.. 
As we sit alone, I know someday we must go, aw huh,.. 
I’m a lucky man to count on both hands 
The ones I love,.. 

Some folks just have one, 
Others they got none, aw huh,.. 

Stay with me,.. 
Let’s just breathe. 

Practiced are my sins, 
Never gonna let me win, aw huh,.. 
Under everything, just another human being, aw huh,.. 
Yeh, I don’t wanna hurt, there’s so much in this world 
To make me bleed. 

Stay with me,.. 
You’re all I see. 

Did I say that I need you? 
Did I say that I want you? 
Oh, if I didn’t now I’m a fool you see,.. 
No one knows this more than me. 
As I come clean. 

I wonder everyday 
as I look upon your face, aw huh,.. 
Everything you gave 
And nothing you would take, aw huh,.. 
Nothing you would take,.. 
Everything you gave. 

Did I say that I need you? 
Oh, Did I say that I want you? 
Oh, if I didn’t now I’m a fool you see,.. 
No one know this more than me. 
As I come clean. 

Nothing you would take,.. 
everything you gave. 
Hold me till I die,.. 
Meet you on the other side.

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted (and I actually wrote a funeral plan when I was about 17, Bible readings and all) 'Smile'

    Smile though your heart is aching
    Smile even though it's breaking.
    When there are clouds in the sky
    you'll get by.
    If you smile through your pain and sorrow
    Smile and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see the sun come shining through
    For you.
    Light up your face with gladness,
    Hide every trace of sadness.
    Although a tear may be ever so near
    That's the time you must keep on trying
    Smile, what's the use of crying.
    You'll find that life is still worthwhile-
    If you just smile.

    Hubby on the other hand wants 'Comfortably Numb' By Pink Floyd !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, the lyrics to this song are so beautiful !!! and so is your tag ... lurv the papers and the bling trail with the butterfly !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous song.

    I really need to start listening to more music.

    the tag is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment -- I LOVE hearing what you think (: